DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 10k miles first rotation was at 5k I will do them every 5k th first time they took front to back back to front. I’m wonder if the pattern is repeated in reverse next rotation or does the pattern change with each rotation. Feedback is appreciated so I can make sure the dealer does it properly as the care for my vehical progresses

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
Lazy tire changers switch them that way
Only tires that have a rotational arrow on the side wall are suppose to be switched that way

Another thing, your right rear tire spins on take offs more than any other tire on the vehicle, if the right side tires are always on the right side, they would wear faster than the lefts

Read this article

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/directional-tires#

You should keep track of the rotation yourself & use a modified X pattern of your choice

read this on Rotation patterns

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/rotating-your-tires

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
If your driving on alot of backroads, you might want to have the wheel alignment checked at least once a year. Other than that, if you DONT see excessive tire wear, probably good for awhile. I rotate mine ONLY front to rear, rear to front, every 7,500k. (i run directional tires) Takes a long time in between rotations because i have winter tires & wheels for winter use here in the northeast. Always keep in mind, cheap brands of tires will cause all kinds of trouble... including weird wearing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lazy tire changers switch them that way
Only tires that have a rotational arrow on the side wall are suppose to be switched that way

Another thing, your right rear tire spins on take offs more than any other tire on the vehicle, if the right side tires are always on the right side, they would wear faster than the lefts

Read this article

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/directional-tires#

You should keep track of the rotation yourself & use a modified X pattern of your choice

read this on Rotation patterns

https://www.tirebuyer.com/education/rotating-your-tires
If your driving on alot of backroads, you might want to have the wheel alignment checked at least once a year. Other than that, if you DONT see excessive tire wear, probably good for awhile. I rotate mine ONLY front to rear, rear to front, every 7,500k. (i run directional tires) Takes a long time in between rotations because i have winter tires & wheels for winter use here in the northeast. Always keep in mind, cheap brands of tires will cause all kinds of trouble... including weird wearing.

So this time it might be good to take them diagonally LR FR RR RF?

·
Premium Member
32,785 Posts
I go Rear Tires to Front & cross the Front tires before mounting them on the Rear
I do that same pattern each time

By the way, always check the air pressure in the spare tire at the time of rotation
a soft or flat spare tire does not work to good

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
I have 10k miles first rotation was at 5k I will do them every 5k th first time they took front to back back to front. I’m wonder if the pattern is repeated in reverse next rotation or does the pattern change with each rotation. Feedback is appreciated so I can make sure the dealer does it properly as the care for my vehical progresses
The first rule, never trust the dealer! ALWAYS check their work BEFORE you leave their dealership!
If your going to have the dealership do the job, secretly mark each tire so that you know you got what you wanted and paid for.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've done this for years. Sad we have to do this, but don't want to be cheated of the money I paid for service work.

The first rule, never trust the dealer! ALWAYS check their work BEFORE you leave their dealership!
If your going to have the dealership do the job, secretly mark each tire so that you know you got what you wanted and paid for.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I go Rear Tires to Front & cross the Front tires before mounting them on the Rear
I do that same pattern each time

By the way, always check the air pressure in the spare tire at the time of rotation
a soft or flat spare tire does not work to good
This is correct.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've done this for years. Sad we have to do this, but don't want to be cheated of the money I paid for service work.

If your going to have the dealership
do the job, secretly mark each tire so that you know you got what you wanted and paid for.
How exactly do you mark the tires. What do you use ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts