DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hooked up my dsp and put the 91 tune on it but I cannot figure out how to change tire size and adjust shift firmness. Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, sorry I'm a little late on the thread, but if I'm not mistaken on my DSP it's under the "adjust parameters". Let me know if I'm wrong and I'll go and plug mine in to be sure.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, sorry I'm a little late on the thread, but if I'm not mistaken on my DSP it's under the "adjust parameters". Let me know if I'm wrong and I'll go and plug mine in to be sure.
Do I have to remove the tune and then reapply with the new parameters or can I adjust independently. Also I notice u have 93 tune. How does it compare to the 91? I'm running 94octane anyway

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
figgured it out after playing around with it, speedo is almost bang on now (out 1-2kph) thanks for the help

·
Registered
747 Posts
I am pretty sure that you can not adjust the shift firmness with the DSP. You can adjust the shift points though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I uploaded the DSP 91 tune a few days ago, and for some reason I really cant tell a difference in performance of the truck. And the mileage is about the same..Did I do something wrong?

What is the difference with the stock vs. Performance transmission settings?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I uploaded the DSP 91 tune a few days ago, and for some reason I really cant tell a difference in performance of the truck. And the mileage is about the same..Did I do something wrong?

What is the difference with the stock vs. Performance transmission settings?
I didnt notice much of a difference in perfomance untill i really beat on it, from 3500-6000 rpm you will notice the extra power. as far as the transmission tune you should notice faster and more firm shifts as well as the shift points are adjusted, if you go into the options category in the dsp there is a "last tune writen" tab that will show you the current tune. then you will know for sure you did it correctly.
also you may not be getting the full power potential. maybe you got some bad gas? happened to me the other day, i was on the 87 tune filled up with 87 and noticed the truck was bogging and it stalled out. i added half tank of 91 and problem solved,

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ok. It may be the fuel.I had 1/2 tank of 89, topped it off with 92 octane, then uploaded the 91 tune. I didn't opt for the Performance trans tune b/c I was unsure of what it actually did. I didnt want to damage the trans or anything like that. So I was going to wait, until I found out what it did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts