DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post yet another one of these but this stuff gets my head spinning and Id like to get a straight answer...my stock tire size is 265/70/R17 which is what i have on there now. Would 33's fit good with only a 2 in leveling kit? if so what is the metric size i need for 33's? I pull a 25 ft. camper trailer..would the bigger tires affect my towing any (besides a little more drop)? if anyone would care to post pics of 33's and a 2 in lvl, that would be great. thanks a bunch...

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Yes the best tire to put with a leveling kit would be a 33" tire. That is the recommended size so go with it. You can go with the Bilstein 5100s to level out the front which is the best way to do so. The Bilsteins do stiffen up the ride which will help control the truck better. You can replace all 4 shocks to give the truck a good feel. I have heard some people not like the ride but I loved it. The best width to go with to avoid rubbing with the stock rims would be a 285. If you do tow a lot then a good idea would be to go with a 1" block in the rear. It would give you a little rake but when you hook the trailer up it would level it out. Or the best route would be to go with some air helper bags in the rear. With these you can inflate them when you are towing to pump it back up to the right ride height. When your not towing it will give a nicer rear end feel. These are not expensive which is a great choice for any tower.

Here is my truck with a front leveling kit and a 1.5" block in the rear. I used the Bilsteins as well to lift the front. Definitely the best way to do so.

Only problem when you do a leveling kit you get addicted. I started with that and now I have this!!:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts