DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalcold.html

I have used this calculator to work on finding new tires for my 08 1500. It looks like I can run 305/55 R20's. Does anyone know of a problem using that size on a stock setup? Or would a 285/60R20 be better?

I would really like to pick up the BFG AT/KO tires, but I don't know if I want to drop that much cash. I can pick up the Nitto Trail Grapplers for almost $100.00 less per tire, and they are almost half the weight also. I am also considering the Gooyear Duratrac tire also. The Goodyear tires are on sale for 350 at Sears for the 285's.

·
Registered
747 Posts
At 12" wide you should be ok. I know that people who run 12.5" wide tires need a 1/4" spacer to clear the suspension....You will have that clearance so I think you;ll be fine. I am sure someone else will chime in to confirm that for you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I crawled under it yesterday to get a good look at whats going on. There is not enough room for the 305's without a space.

I think also, the Durtrac might be going on it, if the prices hold until next week.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yeah, the 06-08 trucks cannot run 305s without 1/4" spacers. Generally 285 is the widest that will fit without rubbing the UCA. 285 will fit fine though. Not too many people run the 285/60 because the BFGs and Duratracs are about the only options in that size I believe.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, if the sale holds, I can get the Duratrac for only 20.00 more than the Nitto tires. By the time I get an alignment, and mount and balance, I think that is about what I want to spend right now on tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts