DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, was wondering if someone could help me out... I recently purchased a 3 inch front end leveling kit and 1.5 inch wheel spacers. I currently have the normal 265/70r17's. What is the biggest tire I could put on without them rubbing and using the stock wheel size?

·
Registered
17,496 Posts
Hi, and thanks for joining the RamforumZ. I encourage you to stop by the Newbie Checkin section and introduce yourself so other members and give you a proper how-do-ya-do.

Check out this thread.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Are you going to be doing any four wheel driving or just city driving? I have a six inch pro comp lift and went with 295/70 R18 to avoid too much cab rubbing in rough terrain. I have seen guys run pretty big tires, I'm just not sure how functional it is.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry it took me awhile to reply! Been busy with work and Christmas shopping. But it's just a 3 inch front level kit the back isn't gonna be raised at all. And I will be doing mostly city driving.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I put $20 bucks on it your front will be higher then your rear. I put in a 2.5" spacer 2 weeks ago and it raised my truck like 3 3/8". After it settled my truck sits at 3" maybe a hair lower. I know mines a different rim size but i fit 275/65/r20 so like a 34.5" and i still easily could have gone bigger.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are you going to be doing any four wheel driving or just city driving? I have a six inch pro comp lift and went with 295/70 R18 to avoid too much cab rubbing in rough terrain. I have seen guys run pretty big tires, I'm just not sure how functional it is.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

How do you like that roof rack?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja Claw MTZ's with just a leveling kit and had little rubbing when turned all the way from the big knobs on those tires.. I just put on a set of same size kumho road ventures on and have no rubbing issues

1 - 9 of 9 Posts