DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Howdy Y'all,
I've got 34,000 miles on my stock tires and I'm looking to buy some new ones. Any thoughts? I definitely want to stay under $200 each.
My factors:
cost
good traction in rain
good traction in dry
noise
resistance to punctures
mileage--i'd like my new tires to last longer than 34,000!
NOT huge into off roading. I've only gone off roading twice in the past two years so I don't think I NEED all terrains to go off roading. thanks. looking forward to your thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
34,461 Posts
My dad put Cooper Discoverer HTs on his 2009 SLT when the Goodyears wore out. Has about 40k on them now and really likes them; the wet traction especially is much improved. Discount Tire Direct has them for around $132

·
Registered
667 Posts
Bridgestone Dueler Alenza Plus..............

I put these on 2 winters ago and I am totally satisfied with them. We had a tough winter last year and they didn't let me down.

I replaced my original Goodyear Wranglers which were fine. I don't understand all the complaints about these tires as they worked well for me. I usually replace them when they get down to around half. I like riding on the top half of the tread. I have the 20" rims.

I don't do ANY off road driving so these Bridgestone's are fine for me. :smileup:

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Welcome to the Ram Forum " Z " Family Ram Teacher :wavey:

·
Registered
519 Posts
I've had Bridgestone Duelers on a Toyota FJ and they were great all around.

BFG KO2s have a very long lasting tred but I hear they aren't the best in the rain. I have them and they are ok in the rain. Not great. Not bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
In June, I purchased a full set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S and love the ride. They are very quiet and during the recent week of rain storms performed very well on the streets of Houston as well as the commute to Rosenberg. I picked them up at Discount tire who had a rebate and also gave me an AARP discount. Cost with including rebate, AARP discount and giving them my Goodyear Wrangers ($200 trade value) resulted in a total out the door cost of $728. They ride like a could and had the most number of stars (4.9 out of 5) from a majority of Ram owners. You won't believe the ride and the traction is the best I've had for tires here in the Houston area.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I have the Michelin LTX MS/2 and they are a good tire but a heavy tire - well mine are load E rated.

Another highly rated tire is the new and priced right
Cooper Discoverer SRX™

LOL copy and paste.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Which set of tires did you did you go with, Ram Teacher, and most importantly, are you happy with them?

I myself am in the market for new sets, but can't make up my mind.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts