DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y'all. Good morning. Bighorn has Wrangler SR-A sneakers from the factory. In about 10K I will need a new set. I wanted a bit more aggressive tread (M+S not off road). I saw a review of the 2015 to 2018 1500's that was talking about one piece control arms that wear quickly due to tread aggressive tires. Any truth to this? Its almost unbelievable if that is legit. I can see it being a problem if the tire size was different because of angular strain on the arms. If the new tires are the same size as the OEM factory rubber it should not be an issue in my mind. Again correct me if I am wrong on this.

I'm thinking Cooper Discoverers, Falken Wild Peaks, or Perelli Scorpions all OEM Factory size (275/60/20). Last question anyone know anything about Nankang AT? The price is very reasonable but reviews are allover the map. The company is tires only and partnered with Yokohama. The tread on the AT's doesn't look awful either for my needs.

Wisdom and insight always appreciated.

·
Registered
2015 RAM 1500 SLT 4x4
794 Posts
Tire and Oil question never die lol And I have asked many :)
I have heard good things on the Coopers, and have Cooper Snows on my car ! LOVE them and wearing well !
I picked up a set of Good Year AT/S tires and so far really liking them, Avg price about $140.00 but Wal Mart $110.000 They are in the 4 ply rating range so IMO not great for off roading ! My RAM is a Street queen so works for me plus I got them from Wal Mart on line for $95.00 each on a Black Friday, so if they wear out in 40k mile I am still ahead of the game lol
I believe the ones you mentioned have also good reviews ,
Try Tires in the search box you should get a ton of info !
Also I would Google Tire reviews on the brands you like !

Reactions: Eagle Rider

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just had 4 Bridgestone Dueler AT M&S 275/60/20's installed on my 2017 Laramie 4x4. Really nice riding tire and quiet. First time trying the Bridgestones but extremely pleased with them. $768 for the 4 tires lifetime balance/rotation and road hazard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had 4 Bridgestone Dueler AT M&S 275/60/20's installed on my 2017 Laramie 4x4. Really nice riding tire and quiet. First time trying the Bridgestones but extremely pleased with them. $768 for the 4 tires lifetime balance/rotation and road hazard.
Where did you get that deal???? That's a great deal?

·
Registered
868 Posts
I would question the wheels they are mounting the tires on. If they have a different offset IE: those ones that stick out from wheel well it puts more strain on the wheel bearings and the rest of the front suspension.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would question the wheels they are mounting the tires on. If they have a different offset IE: those ones that stick out from wheel well it puts more strain on the wheel bearings and the rest of the front suspension.
Its the stock wheel on the Bighorn, chromed alum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I deal with American Tire also known as Discount Tire and I was quoted $771.84 for a set of 4 Bridegstone Alenza Dueler P275/60R20 out the door with road hazard etc. This is an 80,000 mile guarantee tire or so they claim. Right now I am using Arroyo Eco-Pro and they are great but no one wants to stock them here.

Just bought a rim and tire to replace the temporary tire that has 5.5 miles on it so anyone in So CA that is interested in buying it cheap feel free to contact me. This is a 17 inch tire.

Hemet, CA

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a great deal on a set of Goodyear Wrangler Trail Runners mounted, balanced and aligned. $6 beans out the door. They look and ride amazing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts