DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Longhorn with Goodyear Eagle's on it I have 24000 miles on the tires and might be lucky if I get another 5000 on them. I'm really disappointed in them as I've had them on other trucks With around 40000 on those and looked better than these.
What have y'all replaced Your tires With? Wanting something quite and good mileage.
Thanks

·
Registered
561 Posts
Last 2 sets of Goodyear tires I have had I have not been happy with. Got a set of Kuhomo on an 02 Durango that have probably 60k or better on them and my current 2500 has BFG At tires that seem to be good. My son just bought a Jeep and I was looking for some tires for him and found a site Tread Rite For the price I think I would be up for trying them out.

·
Registered
599 Posts
It would help to have a little info about what you use your truck for. On-road or off-road, combination of both, and what weather conditions will you be driving in? Also a consideration for some is appearance. Generally, A/T tires look more aggressive than highway tires, but can negatively affect your ride quality. I've found that the Falken Wildpeak A/T tires which came stock on my 2020 Laramie with the off-road group are a great compromise between highway and off-road use. And the have an aggressive look to them. I don't know how long they will last since my truck only has about 3500 miles on it. But people who have owned them for a while say they can last for up to 60k miles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would help to have a little info about what you use your truck for. On-road or off-road, combination of both, and what weather conditions will you be driving in? Also a consideration for some is appearance. Generally, A/T tires look more aggressive than highway tires, but can negatively affect your ride quality. I've found that the Falken Wildpeak A/T tires which came stock on my 2020 Laramie with the off-road group are a great compromise between highway and off-road use. And the have an aggressive look to them. I don't know how long they will last since my truck only has about 3500 miles on it. But people who have owned them for a while say they can last for up to 60k miles.
I Only Drive on paved roads no off road or anything like that

·
Registered
599 Posts
Your tire requirements are different than mine, since I drive in winter conditions 4 to 5 months of the year. But if I was shopping for highway tires I might go with either Kuhmo Crugen HT51's or Michelin Defender LTX M/S's if shopping for 22 inch tires. Both tires are highly rated by tirerack.com, and customer reviews are excellent. The Kuhmo's are 50 to 60 dollars less than the Michelins (per tire), and are actually rated slightly higher. You didn't say if you're looking for 20's or 22's, and the choices can be different between the two sizes. Perhaps someone else here has experience with these types of tires, and may have other recommendations for you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I Only Drive on paved roads no off road or anything like that
Also I Live in east Texas so rain and sunshine
Your tire requirements are different than mine, since I drive in winter conditions 4 to 5 months of the year. But if I was shopping for highway tires I might go with either Kuhmo Crugen HT51's or Michelin Defender LTX M/S's if shopping for 22 inch tires. Both tires are highly rated by tirerack.com, and customer reviews are excellent. The Kuhmo's are 50 to 60 dollars less than the Michelins (per tire), and are actually rated slightly higher. You didn't say if you're looking for 20's or 22's, and the choices can be different between the two sizes. Perhaps someone else here has experience with these types of tires, and may have other recommendations for you.
I'm going with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S 22 in. My dealer has a sale going on until the end of the month. About $50.00 a tire cheaper than any of the other Tire dealers around me. Thanks for everyone who replied to my question

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sounds like a great deal. Do you mind my asking how much he's asking per tire for those? Tire rack has them for $267 per tire and free shipping. But then you still have to pay for mount and balance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts