DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so i was just surfing the web and i came across some bull bars from truck gear direct.com and i found the bars i wanted and the list price is $450 but they are on sale for $89. as its the weekend i cant call them i was just wondering do you think this is to good to be true or what?

you can see for yourself here http://www.truckgeardirect.com/bullbars/#dodge

i have on 08 and i was looking at the full black powerdcoated

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have purchased a full brush guard from them before and I was not disappointed with the quality. It was on my 05 Ram a few years back. The price drop does make one wonder but their products are legit.

Here a shot of that brush guard:

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have heard good things about their products but 89 dollars sounds fantastic to me. I guess ill have to call come monday

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Man thanks for their website! I just looked at their super bull bar and they listed it for 105 buckeroonies man! That is unheard of until a minute ago!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha i know right? but i looked at 4th gens also and it said they didnt fit. might want to make sure. I just hope its not an accident on the site or something.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im sorry it says wont fit the HD.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Im sorry it says wont fit the HD.
Yeah, I found that as well as I really like the look of that bar but no joy on the 2500/3500...:(

·
Registered
362 Posts
I put one on my truck this weekend. It's pretty good quality and finish. The instructions leave a lot to be desired and i had to switch some hardware around, but other than that it is fine.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i have been looking for one and i think this might just be the one!

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I put one on my truck this weekend. It's pretty good quality and finish. The instructions leave a lot to be desired and i had to switch some hardware around, but other than that it is fine.

Glad I got too see your which is similar to my 09. I was trying to decided between the classic bull bar and the style you have. I found some for the samke price at a place here in TX near me. They sell on ebay but I figure as long as I can go see them and pay after inspection i am happy.
BTW what size are your lights?

·
Registered
12 Posts

That looks great...thinking about ordering one for my '09. My only concern is that by the time you put two lights in there it does a pretty good job of obscuring the front license plate that unfortunately we are required to display here in South Dakota. I wonder if it would be deemed a violation by the local authorities?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That looks great...thinking about ordering one for my '09. My only concern is that by the time you put two lights in there it does a pretty good job of obscuring the front license plate that unfortunately we are required to display here in South Dakota. I wonder if it would be deemed a violation by the local authorities?
Im sure you could figure out a way to mount your license plate on the from the that horizontal bar if you really want the bull bar

·
Registered
13,682 Posts
I have step boards from the same company. Cost me something like $130 shipped. I was amazed (very skeptical when I ordered) but they are good quality. They really are good, I'll agree the "instructions" were not great(a hand drawn sketch lol) but come on for the price if you can't figure it out to install it then too bad lol. The customer service is good too, my first set was damaged and they replaced them no charge to me and it was fast. The powder coat looks a little cheap at first(I didn't think it'd hold up) but I've had them on for a long time now, probably 10k+ miles and not one blemish in them.

Highly recommended, especially at that price.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well im glad everyone has good things to say about them. I have been waiting to order but now might be a good time haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts