DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone explain the "plug in" or "outlets" on the dash and other places.

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I'm too lazy to type the answer :D

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
^lol

Really though I'm not sure what "plug ins" you are talking about. My SLT has two power outlets one is always on one is on with ignition on. I think the only other "plug ins" on my truck are the OBDII connector and the radio's AUX input...

·
Premium Member
32,794 Posts
I know what you mean by not reading the Owners Manual

Your eyes glaze over after about 10 pages & your brain doesn't register 1/2 of what you read, mostly because of the Terminology they use.

Sooner or later you are going to have to read at least parts of the manual
I waited until i had my Ram almost a year, before i opened the manual to find out why certain lights would come on now & then.
The radio section interested me most, so i had to wait for a semi truck one day & i started playing with the radio & opened the book, that is when i found out that i could give my radio verbal commands & that changed my whole experience with my radio & the Navigation. I don't have a Smart phone, although it is smarter than me, so i have not read up on Smart phones & the plug ins for them

Take some time & read your manual little by little & just read the sections that you are interested in First

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'll try to give this a try without being lazy.

An Outlet: A receptacle, especially one mounted in a wall, that is connected to a power supply and equipped with a socket for a plug.

I think the reason for it being in the dash is to plug things into the dash.

Did that help? I hope reading this didn't interrupt your laziness.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm too lazy to type the answer :D
Winner!

Seriously though, probably took you more effort to post this thread than it would to find your answer in your manual

·
Premium Member
15,440 Posts
Well we can all guess that the OP question must have something to do with the 12V plugs, both continuous powered and ignition powered because I have one of each. Or perhaps the 110v inverter plug on the dash. Hopefully we have not scared him away, cause if he would clarify his question I would be more than happy to provide an answer and save him having to look it up in the manual.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts