DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tow a 6x12 enclosed trailer 600 miles a week with my job,probably 3000 pounds total weight. I'll start by saying this truck pulls this trailer with ease, compared to my 06 Suburban. Sometimes it's so smooth, I have to look in my side mirror to make sure it's there. I have never used tow haul as it does great the way it is. I was thinking about purchasing some timbrem rear rubbers. I was looking at it from a preventive standpoint as I need to use this truck a couple of years at least. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What about trying some air lift 1000 just instlled it on my 2012cc 4x4 and at least now I can level my truck when I have a load paid 90$ can and installed in under an hour

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was told by my dealer that airbags inside the coil springs can be a problem sometimes if rocks get caught between the bag and the spring causing leaks. The TLC air bag system would probably be Ok because they mount outside the coil spring but are quite a bit more money I believe. I just put Timbrens on my truck but have not yet tried them with a load.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I just put airlifts in my truck I'm running WI to NJ tomorrow with a 7x18 enclosed trailer that will have 5 boats inside. I'll report back, but I anticipate that it will work perfectly. My old Explorer had an airlift kit in the rear and and it dealt with this same trailer very well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rocks can't get in there if you follow the instructions always leave a minimum of 5 pounds of air in them plus lifetime warranty. I just picked up my travel trailer today they worked great. A have a friend with Goodyear ones and has gone through three sets in a year.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Airlifts are great. I leave mine at 10 - 15 psi so no rocks and the ride is smooth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts