DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If your in southern california and have the map light problem shoot me a PM. I have a few ideas to try and figure this out, but I need your truck and my truck and about 20 minutes to do it!

HELP ME HELP YOU!!!

I would prefer to do this locally so i can see/test everything going on, but if someone has blue interior lights and ha the problem and is willing to do some experiementing please PM me as well

Also, has anyone with blue LEDs notive they act kinda like black lights? They made this yellow on the SMD style LED glow nicely tonight while I was making th new LED myth video. They also make the pink UV ink in my fiancees tattoo glow pretty nicely when shes in the truck in sandals

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
what's the 4th gen map light problem to which you refer?

Did I miss something?

what no pic of the tat? LOL

Exco

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
soe guys go to LEDs and lose the individual controll over their maplights and have to turn them on with the dimmer switch.

I will get a pic of said tat next time she is in the truck. I made this thread/video at 3 am.... no way in hell i was waking her up lol

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Mine have individual control while sitting in the truck with the key not in the ignition, haven't turned them on while driving but will try soon. Yes i have noticed the glow effect, my gf's bright colored jacket seemed to be glowing the other night!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the control there then you dont have the problem. Some poeple can only turn the map lights on with the scroll knob on the dash by the headlight switch.

Im trying to narrow down to see what could really be casuing this. I get PMs all the time about it and if there is a fix but i never get an answers to questions to try and put together a list and see a common factor for them.

So far the only thing IVe noticed is some people get a generic "dodge ram interior led replacement kit" and they are a different type of bulb that requires a little more power to work.... but other than that im stumped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts