DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,463 Posts
Man, at -6* everything is hard to move, even me! :LOL:

I thinking of going with the matte finish, I don't care for the SHINNY look.

BTW - I not the one who minds spending money, as my wife can squeeze a penny so hard, as to make Lincoln cry, but for that price... Geeze!
I think that's a good call. If you get the shiny one you know there will be that angle where the sun hits it just right...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Man, at -6* everything is hard to move, even me! :LOL:

I thinking of going with the matte finish, I don't care for the SHINNY look.

BTW - I not the one who minds spending money, as my wife can squeeze a penny so hard, as to make Lincoln cry, but for that price... Geeze!
Yeah, I dont even roll mine up enough that it would stop me from buying one - but for people who use the bed daily it may be an issue.

Pricey, yes... but I like the additional security on it too.

·
Super Moderator
5,936 Posts
Okay... I pulled the trigger on a RetraxONE MX this morning.

[/IMG]

I was unaware that Retrax does NOT sell "on line" any longer. So, I had to order one through a "local dealer". Sounds like a dirty drug deal, doesn't it? Of course on top of that price, you have to pay shipping ($75.00) and local taxes (~$120.00). I figured since I seem to be made of money at the moment, I'd let them install it, too. Geeze...

·
Super Moderator
5,936 Posts
Thanx!

Patiently waiting for it's shipment to the dealer...

The dealer could get one overnight locally, without the stake pocket cutouts. But since I want one with the cutouts, it has to come from the factory!

(Fingers patently tapping on the desktop.)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just got an extang trifecta. Pretty nice and easy to use.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got a Lund Genisis tri-fold. Mostly because it had a rebate. But also because it had a canvas-like texture and because of that it made the black color more like a grey. Which matched my truck.

Super easy to put on or take off. I can keep the cover on when my 5th wheel is hooked up. And cover the front of the bed where most of my junk is.

I want to put in a aux tank in the bed towards the cab. So it would be inconvenient to fill with this cover. But I figured - how often would I fill it? Only when I'm towing and it's folded back to the 1st panel anyway. Plus a 175 dollar fill up at current Ca prices is heart stopping. And that's on top of my 32 gal stock tank.

I also wish there were better locking options. I use the small cable locks for luggage.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Recently researched this and just got the Undercover Flex. Hard folding cover that can ride closed, partially open or completely open against the cab to take full advantage of the bed. As I was looking for the added security of a hard cover but wanted to be able to access the bed for hauling taller items, this one really fit the bill. So far it appears to be water resistant too. Nice looking cover as well.

https://www.undercoverinfo.com/p-37113-undercover-flex.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs5zhhq_y2QIVyy-BCh1v7gomEAAYAiAAEgKuRfD_BwE

·
Super Moderator
5,936 Posts
My RetraxONE MX arrived at the Line-X dealer and they called to let me know just as I headed out the door to work at 1:30PM. Guess I'll get it Monday...

·
Super Moderator
5,936 Posts
Got my RetraxONE MX installed this morning! It's been raining like a banshee all morning, so I don't know if it's going to be dry or not. But, I'll check it out in the next few days.

·
Super Moderator
34,463 Posts
Got my RetraxONE MX installed this morning! It's been raining like a banshee all morning, so I don't know if it's going to be dry or not. But, I'll check it out in the next few days.
You didn't take the opportunity to test its water resistance?

So much room in that garage with the truck in there

·
Super Moderator
5,936 Posts
This picture was taken inside the Line-X shop in the 1st bay. And no, I haven't checked it for leakage, yet. We got 2" of rain yesterday morning. The truck was soaked when the brought it in, including the exposed bed. The truck was soaked driving home. I imagine the bed was still soaked when I got home? I'll check it once the water dries up, maybe tomorrow?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm late to this party but...

I got a Truxedo Duece for my truck because it still allows me to still have a truck box in back hidden under the cover... but the Duece cover folds back from the front in addition to rolling up from the back, allowing me access to the box without rolling the whole cover up.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm late to this party but...

I got a Truxedo Duece for my truck because it still allows me to still have a truck box in back hidden under the cover... but the Duece cover folds back from the front in addition to rolling up from the back, allowing me access to the box without rolling the whole cover up.
I've always thought these were cool. Looks really nice on your truck.

Last week I bit the bullet and ordered an el-cheapo Tyger tri-fold. We'll see how it does when it arrives. Both my sons have a Tyger on their trucks, one Ram one Titan. They seem well made for the price.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts