DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that my RAM is on order, I need to pick out the correct bed cover. Does anyone know the manufacturer and cover type (soft tri-fold or hard tri-fold) that is on the build page of the FCA website? My two main concerns are 1- leaking of rain/snow into the bed and 2 - flapping of the cover when on the highway at high speeds. Please provide your insight and recommendations.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Why didn't you order the cover when you ordered the truck?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The dealer wanted $650 on the ordering portal. I thought that was very expensive and would do better aftermarket.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Extang is pretty popular. I seen one for the 2019 but it was $965.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have a tonno pro unit made in the U.S. I see the tri fold for like 260 on Amazon and I paid roughly that. I had one for the quad cab 13 for three years and one for my crew cab 2015 short bed.

They do flap a bit, but I only notice if the back window is open at 70 Plus mph.

I haven't conditioned mine ever so it is a bit gray but intact. A little armorall and it would be black again. I did not put on all the stuff that came with it like strips to make it totally waterproof etc. It doesn't leak in a rain but will get a bit of water in it in a car wash. If you are in a parking lot, you will not notice it is not one of the expensive ones until you are right up on it.

The advantages are that it is a practical tool for a truck. It comes off an on in a minute as I have found buying a couch and a snow blower on impulse and needing to get them in the back. Took just a minute.

For the money and value, I think it is hard to beat but it is NOT a perfect looker.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Extang is pretty popular. I seen one for the 2019 but it was $965.

Extangs are great; tonneaus don't fit my use but if I got one it'd be a Solid Fold. My roommate had one and it was easy on and off without having to add any hardware or anything, and it was strong enough for him to stand on when washing and waxing the roof of his truck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts