DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for opinions on a one piece or hard, folding type that allows tailgate to open AND close without having to open tonneau. Soft type doesn't provided good security of gear. The more weather proof the cover the better. Its for a 2012 1500 crew cab. Thanks.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Have you looked at the Pace Edwards Jackrabbit series. They are a hard rollup. I've used them for years, and currently have the BedLocker Electric. Full tailgate access, open or closed. :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just put the Bakflip G2 on and while I like it, I don't like having to lift it to close the gate.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm looking for opinions on a one piece or hard, folding type that allows tailgate to open AND close without having to open tonneau. Soft type doesn't provided good security of gear. The more weather proof the cover the better. Its for a 2012 1500 crew cab. Thanks.
Almost any modern good quality tonneau (hard or soft) allows you to open the tailgate without opening the cover; snaps on the bed are a thing of the past. I've owned a number of Extang products for my trucks and have excellent luck with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts