DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new forum subscriber (4-weeks in) and should be picking up my 2016 3500 Limited Mega Cab 4x4 DRW in 1-2 weeks (on Friday it was coming through Louisiana on the way to Lakeland, FL. I have already purchased a Pullrite 2300 Autoglide 5th wheel hitch. I was wondering if any other RAM 3500 owners with a similar hitch have installed a hardtop tonneau cover and are there any recommendations. I appreciate your experience and input.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am a new forum subscriber (4-weeks in) and should be picking up my 2016 3500 Limited Mega Cab 4x4 DRW in 1-2 weeks (on Friday it was coming through Louisiana on the way to Lakeland, FL. I have already purchased a Pullrite 2300 Autoglide 5th wheel hitch. I was wondering if any other RAM 3500 owners with a similar hitch have installed a hardtop tonneau cover and are there any recommendations. I appreciate your experience and input.
Welcome to the forums!

Bak Flip G2

It gives me about 2 inches from the top of the hitch to the bottom of the cover.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a soft top - Truxedo. The rails go inside the bed a little. The fifth wheel pin ox on a sharp turn cut into the rail. :(

Just something to look for
That's exactly what I am concerned about. Additionally. is there concern about having a retractable hard cover with a canister? It would take up about a foot of space between the cab and the hitch and considering it is already a short bed (6'4"), this might cause issues.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't picture the canister as being a problem, lots of people (me included) have an in-bed tool box in front. The place where I got in trouble was the side of the bed, where the rails make the bed width a little smaller. The back of the pin box came around and sliced into the aluminum rail for the tonneau.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your advice. It is probably best to wait to purchase a cover until my trailer is completed (currently in process; should be done in March) to get accurate width measurement in a turn with the autoglide hitch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.