DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my truck last week and have been a little MIA on the boards as I have been enjoying the truck along with my wife and kids :)

A brief history of the past 3 weeks summed up in this indecisive thread that I started between a loaded Laramie and loaded Sport, among color choices...LOL
History - Click Here

Vehicle Info:
2012 Dodge Ram Sport 1500 Crew 4X4 loaded with all the goodies
Color - Brilliant Black

Picked up the truck last Thursday evening
First mod done prior to pickup
- 20% tint on front window
- Bakflip F1 tonneau cover (dealer covered 60% of the cost)

Mods done since then, currently on order or near future mods
- added a K&N cold air intake (last night, love the sound of this thing)
- billet catch can (ordered and waiting receipt of it)
- stubby antenna (ordered and waiting receipt of it)
- ordering today - Retro headlights, LED 3rd brake light and LED tail lights done with (level 2 matching paint) from Jeremy
- debadging will also happen (just need the time to set aside for it)

Im sure Ill be doing other mods

Here are some pictures as I know we all love pictures :smileup:

Early Evening I took it home:

The Day After:

Removal of Air box and Installation of K&N Cold Air Intake:

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Good choice. But then again I guess I'm somewhat biased. :D
I've since added the same steps as yourself and a BakFlip FiberMax. Does the KnN make the truck much noisier on the inside?
You got a much nicer background :)
It actually looks like a picture that would be used in the brochure. Nice shot!!

I see you got the tow mirrors? I was thinking of adding that also, but these side mirrors are huge. Of course I am comparing it to my car... LOL
Didn't you just picked yours up?

The K&N does not add much noise in the cabin. It has a VERY nice sound that you can hear.
When I say, you can hear, its because you know to look for the sound.
I'm pretty sure my wife will not even notice it.
The growl from the stock exhaust is louder than it, and the stock exhaust isn't loud at all.
I just love the sound of the CAI. Sounds like a mini turbine

I wonder how a black sport would look with a Laramie Grill... hope I don't get bashed for saying that.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought my truck used and that was the grill that was on it. Im guessing the original buyer just wanted the chrome grill. As far as CAI, I know when I first put mine on I couldnt tell a difference at all. But I do have a 18" Magnaflow...
Thanks for the PM!
I do like the look of it from your picture in your signature.
Anyway you can post a larger one here?

·
Registered
487 Posts
You got a much nicer background :)
It actually looks like a picture that would be used in the brochure. Nice shot!!

I see you got the tow mirrors? I was thinking of adding that also, but these side mirrors are huge. Of course I am comparing it to my car... LOL
Didn't you just picked yours up?

The K&N does not add much noise in the cabin. It has a VERY nice sound that you can hear.
When I say, you can hear, its because you know to look for the sound.
I'm pretty sure my wife will not even notice it.
The growl from the stock exhaust is louder than it, and the stock exhaust isn't loud at all.
I just love the sound of the CAI. Sounds like a mini turbine

I wonder how a black sport would look with a Laramie Grill... hope I don't get bashed for saying that.
Thanks, yeah it'll be 3 weeks ago that I got it. The mirrors are factory and were almost the feature that killed the deal but obviously went for it anyway. We are on the fence about getting a RV and if we go for it the tow mirrors will nice to have. I do wish they were power folding though because they are a tight fit into the garage - about 1 inch on each side. As for the grill I like the monochromatic look and is why I chose the Sport over the Laramie.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Search " '09 Ram sport black" on google images. Tons of black sports with laramie grills. I think they look good.
Thanks. Just did exactly what you said and there she was. Many pictures.
I like it.
I'll try to find one so I can swap back and forth to

Nice Truck, love the black, congrats on your new ram, enjoy.
Thanks

Beautiful truck by the way.....I am a lil partial myself, i'll be picking up mine tomorrow. A twin to yours.
Tomorrow? I'm excited for you.
I remember my feeling last Thursday. It's still the same today. LOL
Post pics once when you can

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks, yeah it'll be 3 weeks ago that I got it. The mirrors are factory and were almost the feature that killed the deal but obviously went for it anyway. We are on the fence about getting a RV and if we go for it the tow mirrors will nice to have. I do wish they were power folding though because they are a tight fit into the garage - about 1 inch on each side. As for the grill I like the monochromatic look and is why I chose the Sport over the Laramie.
How much longer are they compared to the normal mirrors?
I'll buy EM off you if you're considering selling :smileup:
The normal mirrors don't power fold too

One thing I thought the sport has, was memory seats and side mirrors that tilt down when reversing.
I'm guessing that's a Laramie thing?

·
Registered
487 Posts
How much longer are they compared to the normal mirrors?
I'll buy EM off you if you're considering selling :smileup:
The normal mirrors don't power fold too

One thing I thought the sport has, was memory seats and side mirrors that tilt down when reversing.
I'm guessing that's a Laramie thing?
I'm guessing they stick out about 4" more. Measured from the window when folded down they stick out about 17 1/2", flipped up about 3" more.

Yeah I asked about the memory seats too and was told they are available on the Laramie. As for the mirrors I have the tilt down when in reverse feature on my car but it's turned off. Sometimes its handy. But to have them tilt down every time the vehicle is put into reverse is a nuisance. An override button on the dash would be better than going through the menu system.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm guessing they stick out about 4" more. Measured from the window when folded down they stick out about 17 1/2", flipped up about 3" more.

Yeah I asked about the memory seats too and was told they are available on the Laramie. As for the mirrors I have the tilt down when in reverse feature on my car but it's turned off. Sometimes its handy. But to have them tilt down every time the vehicle is put into reverse is a nuisance. An override button on the dash would be better than going through the menu system.
How do I check to see if I have the tilt down mirrors? I have it my car and actually like it when reversing.
If you have it, maybe I should have it?

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,363 Posts
Beautiful truck man and nice mods, too, congrats and thanks for sharing the pics! :smileup:

- Cajun

1 - 20 of 34 Posts