DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I know this has been discussed in the past, but cannot find the thread. I have a '97 diesel with the 47RH transmission. The torque converter intermittently locks and unlocks much of the time. I remember that dirty battery cables and terminals as well as wires near the TPS can cause it. I have wrapped the wires with foil and my terminals/cables are clean. The TPS is new. Any further advice? Thanks in advance.:doh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did the switch

After another frustrating trip with my RV, I decided to install the lockup switch while at camp so that I wouldn't have the same trouble on the way home. Here are a few observations:
1. The modification isn't difficult, and would be easy to reverse.
2. It definitely solved the lockup problem
3. I was surprised to see that it still locks up automatically with the switch off
4. There are 2 orange/black wires in the center group, so needed a continuity tester to identify the correct wire.
5. The instructions say not to cut the orange/black wire, but I am wondering if I did whether it would stop the automatic lock-up. Does anyone know?

Onward and upward...:smileup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.