DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Ram, half ton 2008, has 74000kms and other than freezing the steering rack and it cracking I haven't had any issues. My friend Eric has the identical, or had I should say, truck. His had 23000kms on the wheels and 1 on the roof. He was clipping down a dirt road to do some fishing then all of a sudden he sees his rear right tire pass him on the road. Well seconds later he rolled the truck. He found the tire about a 1000 feet down the road from the truck and the brake caliper about 1000 feet before the truck. His drive shaft completely seperated. On closer inspection it was defective. The steel shaft looked like a sponge where it broke off. Anyone hear of this happening before?

·
Registered
310 Posts
That sounds very messed up. To be honest, I would not put it past anyone back then. DaimlerBenz tried to run Chrysler into the ground. Look at the cheap plastics they put in the Calibers. IMO they would use cheap steel for what ever to save $$$. I would talk to some people and see if there is anything that can be done. Cerbius was not much better.:smiledown:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts