DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy before me never....literally never, washed this truck. I scrubbed it 3 times and nothing. It took 2 bottles of this hd creamy liquid cleaner with bleach(i forgot the name) to get the body to look white again and 2 bottles of mean green to get the interior back to gray. The wheels are horrible and I just assumed they were too bad. They are the stock aluminum ones. I scrubbed like crazy with some chrome polish and made some progress but it took forever and still looks crappy. I sprayed the last few drops of throttle body cleaner on and it worked good. I heard oven cleaner works good too. Any suggestions on a heavy duty cleaner if not Ill probably get some more tb cleaner.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
well most dollar stores have the oven cleaner, and for a dollar... ha. that stuff is nasty. literally breathing in the fumes at my house almost suffocated me...

im following this cause im in the same boat. im gunna give the oven cleaner a try and ill get back to you.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I don't know if it will work on your wheels, but it's cheap and you can try it.

At the Dollar Stores and some Walmart stores, they carry this stuff in a spray bottle called Awesome. It's like a $1 and it worked really well for me.

Good luck!

·
Registered
754 Posts
I hope someone chimes in I already have a ring on the inside of my wheels where the rotor is spraying stuff on the insdie on my wheels that whel cleaner will not get off. scared ov the oven cleaner

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Sonax Wheel Cleaner....not cheap...but awesome..will even clean the back of your wheels...

once you clean them, make sure to seal them wihth a paint sealant or at least wax...wheelwax or collonite...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Wash Em
Then Use Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar
Its GARBAGE on paint (at least from my experience) but performs miracles on chrome clad!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts