DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!
Can anyone tell me what kind (grade, thread, etc.) and size (length and diameter) bolts hold the Mopar OEM tow hooks to the front sub frame on a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD? Also, I need to know the thickness of the tow hook "tab" that mounts to the sub frame.

I am looking at mounting a front receiver hitch and I'd prefer to keep the existing tow hooks rather than remove them as the install directions day for the Kirt 31374 hitch. I'd rather install longer bolts to go through both the front receiver hitch mount tabs AND the existing tow hook mount tab and then add a spacer of the same thickness as the existing tow hook tabs to the rear where the front mount receiver hitch will mount to (after drilling a hole) so the hitch will go on basically level and not angled down (as it would if I did not add a spacer on the rear to match the difference in the front). So, I need to know what bolts to get and what size (thickness to match the thickness of the existing tow hook tabs) spacers to get to make this work. Confused yet? haha. Hope someone can help. Thanks! Love the forum.

·
Registered
151 Posts
if you mean the bolts holding the tow hooks on to the stanchions behind the bumper (bolting straight up, not to the bumper mount) i just bought some. 12M x 1.5 x 65mm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you mean the bolts holding the tow hooks on to the stanchions behind the bumper (bolting straight up, not to the bumper mount) i just bought some. 12M x 1.5 x 65mm
Thanks a bunch!

Anyone know the thickness/height of the tow hook "tabs" the bolt must run through?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts