DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who has installed front tow hooks on an '18 Sport tell me what is involved in putting them on? Do they require a portion of the plastic valence to be cut or a section of the lower grille insert to be modified? Seems like there isn't any place at all to attach a tow line without any hooks installed - but there really doesn't seem to be any provision in the grills or valence to accommodate adding some either.
Any info is much appreciated - Kevin..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Can anyone who has installed front tow hooks on an '18 Sport tell me what is involved in putting them on? Do they require a portion of the plastic valence to be cut or a section of the lower grille insert to be modified? Seems like there isn't any place at all to attach a tow line without any hooks installed - but there really doesn't seem to be any provision in the grills or valence to accommodate adding some either.
Any info is much appreciated - Kevin..
The lower grill gets cut, or you just buy the version setup for tow hooks.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
The lower plastic trim piece where your tow hooks will stick out, is not that expensive.
If it were me, i would just buy the trim with the holes already in it and be done with it.
I would also suggest that you buy the OEM tow hook kit. Whole kit installs in minutes.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Do you have a part number for the kit or trim that you are talking about? I already have the hooks and was planning on installing in the next couple of days using the eyeball and chop method.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Do you have a part number for the kit or trim that you are talking about? I already have the hooks and was planning on installing in the next couple of days using the eyeball and chop method.
If you have a SPORT, you`ll likely have to cut the original trim panel out. I`ve only found the trim panel for the steel bumber trucks. Easy to do the SPORT truck panel with a hole saw... holesaw out 2 holes for total width (each side), then use a carpet knife to finish connecting the 2 holes so your hooks clear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts