DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have looked all over this site (got a bit impatient so if it has been answered before somewhere else i apologize) I have an 03 ram 1500 regular cab hemi. the previous owner decided to splice in a 4 plug harness and did a horrible job of it. from the start i had problems with the left tail break/turn signal. then it went to the passenger side. now neither one works. so i took a look at the wiring (black tape and twisted wires, badly done at that) and for some reason i can get anything to turn back on. fuses seem to be all good but i get no power to any of the wires (with flashers on) i just want to get everything back to the stock setup with something more than black tape.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check the wires in front of the splices and cuts. Can you get power there? If so, pull out the rest of the stuff from the splices and cuts back, get some good wire, butt connectors and heat shrink tube.

Make sure the new wire goes to the right place in the circuit, make a temp connection then test power at the end of the wire.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Is your problem showing up on the truck....or only on the trailer?

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,926 Posts
Admittedly, I am no help with electrical issues, just wanted to welcome you to the forum since I see you're new here! Sorry to hear about your problem, though, I have seen some hack wire jobs before, but looks like you're getting some good advice already, so good luck with that and keep us posted! When you get a chance, be sure to introduce yourself to everyone in the Newbie Checkin and get your official Ram Z welcome! :)

- Cajun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts