DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the tow mirrors on my truck. I recently replaced the Puddle lamps like everyone else with the new style. However I am putting in some sound off signal intersector emergency lights that mount to the underside of the side mirrors. Anyway they fit perfectly on the stock mirrors or sport mirrors. However due to the Puddle lamps the perfect mounting spot is skewed. My other alternative is on the flip up part of the mirror itself but I really want to use that as a last case scenario as if I ever flip them up the lights will be useless and they look a little awkward being that far out on the mirror anyway. I have no problem getting rid of the Puddle Lamp but I feel covering it with it still operational will be weird since light will come through a little due to the intersecots position.

What I need is someone to get me the part number if it exists for the "dummy" or "blanks". I know they aren't common but some fleet and standard Rams come with manual tow mirrors with no signals or puddle lamps. I've seen them around. But I'm not 100% it has blanks. Can someone also confirm these mirrors have blanks where the signal and puddle lights are supposed to be or if they use completely different molds to make these and don't have any holes that are covered.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah my wicked bad OCD and seeing the little clear sticking out from under the light mount. Haha. Actually thought of just leaving it there and disconnecting it after I posted this. I also need to see where the front mounting screw for the intersector goes though. I'm concerned it is positioned directly over the puddle light lens and light itself. If I had the old style puddle lamps I'd be screwed completely because they take up so much surface area. I'll get back to ya. That may be my only option. I spent time online last night looking for the manual standard tow mirrors and it looks like they use a different mold that doesn't even have cutouts for those lights so looks like my hope for a blank or dummy filler is shot.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did exactly this. Actually ended up drilling right through the LED and the lens for my wire pass through. I was able to keep the LED and mount isolated to the puddle lamp insert that way if they ever come off all I have to do is pop a new puddle lamp insert in. Killing my OCD a little that the light hangs off the front edge a little but I'm ok with it otherwise the mirror base would have been drilled into for one mounting screw.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts