DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get some flip up tow mirrors for my Mega. Are there any brands out there that you guys think are best(Kool Vue, K-Source, etc), or are they pretty much all the same? Ill probably just get manual to save some money.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
You did not mention how much towing you do, but if you are towing occassionally and are looking to save money on tow mirrors, you might try one of the add on styles. Some clip to the exisiting mirrors and some are attached to the doors and all are removed when not towing. I have the McKesh mirrors and are very good, rock solid and easy to install and remove.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You did not mention how much towing you do, but if you are towing occassionally and are looking to save money on tow mirrors, you might try one of the add on styles. Some clip to the exisiting mirrors and some are attached to the doors and all are removed when not towing. I have the McKesh mirrors and are very good, rock solid and easy to install and remove.
I tow livestock trailers pretty often and I also just like the look of the flip up mirrors, which is why im not interested in the add on ones.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I bought tow mirrors (OEM style) on eBay and I love them. They have been on for quite some time now and I only paid 165.00 for both. They are heated/power mirrors. That was the cheapest I found. The non heated/power are even cheaper.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I tow livestock trailers pretty often and I also just like the look of the flip up mirrors, which is why im not interested in the add on ones.
Gottcha, the installed kind would be a better solution in your case.

I bought tow mirrors (OEM style) on eBay and I love them. They have been on for quite some time now and I only paid 165.00 for both. They are heated/power mirrors. That was the cheapest I found. The non heated/power are even cheaper.
I too have seen some very good prices on Ebay, worth checking out.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also, should I get mounting brackets?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts