DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have my truck yet but I'm wondering what my towing capacity would be. I have 20 inch rims 3:55 gear ratio 5.7 hemi crew cab. I'm looking to pull around 5000lbs, can this be done with the current set up?

·
Registered
310 Posts
8750 with the crew cab 5.7 3.55, the only thing I cant remember is the 20inch wheels.for some reason I was thinking that those lowered the rating but cant remember for the life of me.

E

·
0 Posts
Don't forget to calculate your Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (weight of truck, truck loading, towed item weight) and determine the tongue weight of the towed vehicle.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I didn't think it would be as high as 8500lbs, I think I saw that 20inch rims would reduce the capacity by 1000lbs compared to the 17's is that right? I wish I knew this before I ordered my truck.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks guys. I didn't think it would be as high as 8500lbs, I think I saw that 20inch rims would reduce the capacity by 1000lbs compared to the 17's is that right? I wish I knew this before I ordered my truck.
Here are the Ram spec sheets. Should kill all speculation and dependence upon memory.

http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/2011/docs/ram/rammlup1500.pdf

So, if you have 20" tires you reduce your max rated trailer towing weight by 50 pounds.

I used this to select my truck.
:LOL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts