DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 2500. I've added a Bully Dog GT tuner/gauge and the power is great! My front end has been lifted about 2 inches to make the truck set level. I tow a 8600 lb travel trailer (pull behind). I have a heavy duty weight distribution hitch and sway system installed. My question is this:

The trailer pulls and tracks fine, but it feels like the trailer is swaying when I reach speeds 65 and above--above, meaning 70 to 75, I'm not drag racing with the trailer. :smileup: I had my wife look at the trailer when I would feel the pull on the truck. She says the trailer is not swaying a bit. It seems to be the truck is "floating" a little and I'm making adjustments and gives the feeling of a swaying trailer.

Are there any adjustments I can make to stop the feeling I'm getting in the truck. I've had a couple of people tell me they had the same issues with a Dodge and moved to a Ford and was totally satisfied. :158:

The truck pulls the trailer great! The truck just is not handling that great itself.:i_rolleyes: Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I would relook at the setup of the WD hitch. There are several good videos on u-tube to show the proper way to do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would relook at the setup of the WD hitch. There are several good videos on u-tube to show the proper way to do it.
Thanks namretsub, I have already done that and the installer was off. The trailer is actually tracking straight. It's almost like the trailer is way to heavy for the truck and we all know that's not the case...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts