DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have a 1500 Eco Die. I can comfortably tow my 7500 # rv up to 55 mph. After that speed it becomes a two handed 'pucker up event. Will a 2500 with cummins handle the trailer sway? I now have air bags (@ 40#) load distribution hitch with anti- sway, all professionally installed.

·
Registered
2021 RAM 2500 Tradesman Crew
35 Posts
Something is very off. If you have a WD hitch with anti-sway properly setup, it will not sway so easily. Was the truck and RV level before pumping up the air springs? Can't diagnose this remotely so take it to a different professional.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've towed many miles with my 1500's and the same weight as you. There is a problem with your setup. WDH is a must. The big issue with me is I tried the air bags and HD springs and noticed no difference in towing ability and stability. I purchased an ATV to haul in the bed of the truck while towing and that was the final straw that pushed me into a 2500. Unless you tow heavy and often you will never realize the added costs of a diesel over the gas.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The 2500 will work good you can also get that WD dial in correctly and you want have a problem but a more heavier truck will work also but you still have the get the WD dial in still.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts