DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we recently had a cold spell here with temps down to -14C. the dash warning light for tires came on and my LR pressure reading on the EVIC started flashing. a couple of days later the RF and RR starting flashing on the EVIC as well. the pressure readings are within what they normally are. did the cold screw up the sensors in the wheels?

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
I had my light come on as well but now that is has warmed up it doesn't come on. I checked my pressures and everything was withing a normal reading. I am putting it up to the cold.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Cold weather does mess with TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
me for some reason, when its really cold, like -20celcius i slowly loose air out of one of my 4 tires and the tpms lights comes on

·
Registered
206 Posts
I was told that in part it has to do with how air pressure is affected by temperature. A Lexus dealer I knew told me how he had a large number of owners bringing in cars with TPMS code issues coming in for service and it was a known issue.

On my previous truck when it dropped below 35 F I would lose air from one wheel that had a small dent in the rim where the bead of the tire was. If it got cold enough then air would leak at that point, enough where I would have a flat the next morning if I didn't remember to add air the day before. This only happened to the bent wheel, but only happened at that temperature or below, no problems whatsoever at other times of the year. Crusher, you might check if you have a damaged wheel(or tire) like I did, can't see why else it would only happen to one wheel otherwise.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If you are checking the pressure with a tire pressure guage and not just trusting the reading on the EVIC, you may need to head to the dealer. I beleive there is a flash available that addresses incorrect readings of the TPMS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts