DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land vehicle Speedometer Vehicle Car Tachometer

Why is my light on? I asked this question before and I checked the spare room but there was no sensor in the spare
I let the air down to 60 before as well nothing worked. It’s a 2014 2500 5.7
Pressure displays correctly all 4, reads all fine on tpms tool, I’ve driven 19mph+ for what it said to drive to reset and tpms is always on…

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have this same issue on my 2016 Eco. Dealer determined the TPMS unit (I don't know the proper name) under the rear seat needs replacing. The unit has been on BO for 3 months, not due to be available until sometime in 2023.

Reactions: 14vern

·
Registered
2015 1500 Laramie Longhorn CC, 5.7L Hemi, Prairie Pearlcoat/White Gold
109 Posts
If you're not the original owner, maybe someone used AlfaOBD or something similar to change the min/max pressures for some reason. That's the only thing I can think of since you seemed to have went through the logical issues already.
Good luck!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am leaning towards John’s idea too. Because I just swapped my stock 20” with an aftermarket XD set with tpms in it (his was ‘15 and mine was ‘14 so we didn’t dismount to swap sensors)

he hasn’t contacted me for any tpms light issues and even with this tpms from other truck, mine still has tpms on. Maybe it’s that tpms module going bad.

I am assuming it looks somewhat like this

Font Rectangle Brand Logo Transparency

1 - 7 of 7 Posts