DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a set of TPMS for some winter rims and tires.

I am finding two different possible numbers for my truck and I am wondering if someone here that has access to this info from Chrysler can confirm.

My VIN info is: AS119457

I have found:

56029398AB
and
56029359AA

Also, can anyone confirm that these sensors need to be added to the WIN? Does the WIN accept more than 4 sensor IDs if this is true? It would be a PITA to have to keep paying the Dealer to re-ID the sensors every time I switch sets.:smiledown:

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Both of those sensor P/N's are for the 433Mhz system. There is one more sensor (p/n 56029319AC) that operates at 315Mhz. None of these sensors are interchangeable, so getting the right one is paramount. If you check with your Dodge dealer, they can look up your VIN and get you the correct P/N.

After you get the right sensors, there should be no problem programming them yourself.
Programming procedure -
Install new rims/tires.
Move truck at least 50' away from old tires, and shut off.
Let truck sit stationary for at least 20 minutes (30 minutes is best)
Drive truck at a speed greater than 25km/h for more than 10 minutes.
Programming done.

When you switch back to the other tires, repeat the above procedure.

:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The correct part # is 56029398AA. A few month ago i bought a set of 20 inch wheels and tires because i did not like the stock 20 inch wheels with the plastic chrome i wanted to keep the stock wheels and tires .i called dealer to price tpms sensor they wanted 56.00 each. I went on EBAY and got a set of 4 for 65.00 with shipping at [email protected] oewheels.net .Tire shop mounted and balanced for 60.00 and programed the tpms system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are both of the 433mhz parts (AA & AB) interchangeable? Or, do you have to replace AA with AA and AB with AB?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts