DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my truck is being fitted with 35's this wknd and right now they are inflated to 65psi with the max according to the sidewall being 80psi (Toyo Open Country MT's 35x12.5x20). What sort of tire pressures are people using running the same or similar tires? I am having the TPMS sensors from my original wheels removed and installed in my new ones am i likely to have problems running the higher pressures or can they take them or be recalibrated?
Thanks
Kris

·
Registered
747 Posts
No need to air them up that high unless you are hauling a load. You should be around 35-40psi.

Oh and I am running those same tires.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need to air them up that high unless you are hauling a load. You should be around 35-40psi.

Oh and I am running those same tires.
Thanks, appreciate the feedback are you running your stock TPMS sensors with those wheels? If so do they work ok?

·
Registered
747 Posts
My truck didnt come with TPMS sensors. You shouldn't have any issues as long as you are running the tire pressue close to what it is stock (what the sensors are calibrated to see).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks bud....

...interesting thread, dunno how i missed that when i was searching?? Never thought of contacting the manufacturer (doh), just spoke to Toyo and for my truck running the 35 x 12.5 x 20 Open Country M/T they told me i should not run them below 50 psi in order to preserve wear. Unfortunately I think this is going to cause an issue with the OEM TPMS calibration, has anyone had there TPMS re-calibrated to handle higher pressures?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Why would you need to recalibrate your sensors for a higher psi? They will read whatever psi you have in the tire. I am running 65 psi and have no problems.

·
Registered
366 Posts
MY 2011 IF THE PRESSURE OF THE TIRE GOES OVER 45PSI I GET A WARNING ON THE DASH. Woops sorry caps.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why would you need to recalibrate your sensors for a higher psi? They will read whatever psi you have in the tire. I am running 65 psi and have no problems.
I was under the impression that they were set to a certain pressure range so that the TPMS knew when to alert an inflation pressure issue? So if you scroll thru ur EVIC to Tire pressures, it just shows up as 65psi in each tire and you have no TPMS warning light on dash? I am taking mine in 2moro to get the sensors removed from my old wheels and put in my new ones so i guess ill find out.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just installed Treadwright Warden "E-rated" 285/70/17's (33" - the are an American-made retread clone of the BFG AT/KO) and spent $200 at a specialty tire shop (Fountain Tire) to have 5 tires installed, balanced on a Hunter GSP9700 balancer (considered by many to be the best tire balancing machine out there - I figured with these big/heavy tires, spending a couple of bucks on proper balancing might save potential costly repairs due to driveline vibration cause by badly-balanced tires), and filled with nitrogen (I live in a place where there have been 40-degree swings in temperature in 24 hours this spring), as well as having the TPS sensors recalibrated. $200 for all that? I consider it money well spent. Hell, that kind of cash would only get me a tank and a half of gas up here in Canada.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all good!

TPMS didn't need re-calibrating, just pops up on EVIC as 50psi all round with no warnings....happy days :smileup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
TPMS didn't need re-calibrating, just pops up on EVIC as 50psi all round with no warnings....happy days :smileup:
Thats good to hear. I didnt think they did, cause when I just had my truck done he switched over the tpms from the stockers on to the new wheels. I didnt think he recalibrated them. I took my truck to a local offroad shop, and he only charged me 200 to unmount the the stockers, then remount them, and mount and balance the new wheels. And like I said im reading 65psi with no issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts