DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my second gen 1500 '99 Automatic started revving up and down in park about 300 rpms fluctuating, but stops in drive. Anybody have any knowledge of that or what it could be? Heard it might be the Throttle Position Sensor. But don't know. Also seemed to miss a gear and kept rising in RPMs while accelerating but didn't seem to click into 3rd gear, the first time I noticed that ever happening? Seems sluggish on the get up with a slight jerk in first but nothing really out of the usual that I've noticed other than that. I looked down and noticed it was still climbing. I was doing about 50-60 as it climbed then I stopped on the side of the road. I hope that's not what I think it means but could the TPS or IAC cause that happen? Seems sluggish on the get up with a slight jerk in first but nothing really out of the usual that I've noticed other than that. I hope it's not the trans, but I'm gonna get that checked on monday. Till then what do ya'll think? This is my first post here, so HELLO EVERYONE! :wavey:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
welcome to the forums...

what is the min/max rpm fluctuation? it almost sounds like a vacuum leak with the other symptoms you are describing..

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Fluctuating RPMS at idle sounds like the beginnings of a vacuum leak, most notable culprit being the intake plenum gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts