DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well some with think I am crazy. I was one of the first here to get a REBEL (2015) and I loved it...but. there were a couple of things I missed, and I just didn't use it like it was intended. Now don't get me wrong I think the REBEL is great, hell I drove it for almost two years... 14850 miles to be exact. I just needed something inline with my usage. The First thing was the transmission, I missed Auto 4 wheel drive, I know boo hoo, but I drive a lot on slick, snow, and ice roads and the locked 4x4 of the rebel wasn't for me. Next was the lack of some of the creature comforts, my Rebel did not come with dual zone, vented seats auto high beams... I know boo hoo.

Well now I have a 2017 Sport, with all the stuff I mentioned. and I love it. So sorry for leaving the Rebel, I still have a fondness for it, but now I have something more my need and style.

anyone else out there moved on?:4-dontknow:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,435 Posts
I won't buy a vehicle unless it has all the options. Enjoy your new RAM

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
Aside from the transfer case I thought all the rest of that stuff came or was available on the Rebel since its based on a Sport

Glad to see you hot what you really want after living with it for a couple years, and someone will get a gently used 2 year old Ram for a decent price. My Durango was a year old and had a couple hundred more miles on it ehen I got it in September.

I don't like some of the things that come on the top trim trucks, like leather seats and dual zone climate, but to each their own

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
All valid reasons. After all, you have to drive what makes you happy. It only makes sense when dropping as much coin as what these trucks cost now a days. Congrats on the new Sport!

Side note, I saw a Ram Rebel yesterday come blasting past me in the fast lane. It was one of those new battle ship colors or whatever they call it? It was sweet looking.

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
All valid reasons. After all, you have to drive what makes you happy. It only makes sense when dropping as much coin as what these trucks cost now a days. Congrats on the new Sport!

Side note, I saw a Ram Rebel yesterday come blasting past me in the fast lane. It was one of those new battle ship colors or whatever they call it? It was sweet looking.
Destroyer gray.

We don't have battleships any more:gy:

I actually saw one of those getting loaded up last night at Home Depot

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
You have to what works for you.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,201 Posts
Destroyer gray.

We don't have battleships any more:gy:

I actually saw one of those getting loaded up last night at Home Depot
Ahhh that's it! Even if I wasn't crazy about that color, I'd want it just to say "Destroyer" is associated with my trucks paint color lol.

·
Super Moderator
34,705 Posts
Ahhh that's it! Even if I wasn't crazy about that color, I'd want it just to say "Destroyer" is associated with my trucks paint color lol.
For sure an awesome name. I saw a Destroyer Gray Charger the other day on the way home from work. A Night edition Ram in that color would be awesome

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Congrats on a Great looking Sport :smileup:

It a vehicle works for 90% of it's intended use there will always be a happy owner ;)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, I like it a lot, and I liked the rebel too, just got back from the dealer, but RAM tube steps and the bedliner sprayed. Ordered an access cover, I will put that on myself. Pics when all done.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Well some with think I am crazy. I was one of the first here to get a REBEL (2015) and I loved it...but. there were a couple of things I missed, and I just didn't use it like it was intended. Now don't get me wrong I think the REBEL is great, hell I drove it for almost two years... 14850 miles to be exact. I just needed something inline with my usage. The First thing was the transmission, I missed Auto 4 wheel drive, I know boo hoo, but I drive a lot on slick, snow, and ice roads and the locked 4x4 of the rebel wasn't for me. Next was the lack of some of the creature comforts, my Rebel did not come with dual zone, vented seats auto high beams... I know boo hoo.

Well now I have a 2017 Sport, with all the stuff I mentioned. and I love it. So sorry for leaving the Rebel, I still have a fondness for it, but now I have something more my need and style.

anyone else out there moved on?:4-dontknow:
Excellent move! I approve! Awsome new ride!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Creature features are really easy to get use too and really hard to replace when you don't have them. I have gone through a lot of vehicles because I thought I could do without certain features and then they because just a reason to buy something else.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Congratulations. But- how do you get a brand new truck that dirty that quick? Mine does not even look like that if I don't wash it for 2 weeks!
Yes- the 4wd auto is awesome- I use it quite often on the camp grounds due to gravel.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There- now the garage looks complete... uhm now just to clean up and organize...

Notice that the Wife's Jeep is not dirty.. even though I got a new truck, it still gets the short straw when going out in the weather...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congratulations. But- how do you get a brand new truck that dirty that quick? Mine does not even look like that if I don't wash it for 2 weeks!
Yes- the 4wd auto is awesome- I use it quite often on the camp grounds due to gravel.
That's exactly what my truck looks like later in winter until the snow is gone. I can not wait until the snow is completely gone and they sweep all the gravel up then I can keep my truck clean and put my Challenger back on the road.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts