• Rebel

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! Harvey from Canada here!

I’m a hardcore ford guy, not gonna lie there. I’ve had my 2019 Ford raptor for a little while now and it hasn’t exactly been the best thing in the world. Ford is great, the service centre’s been great but my raptor hasn’t been the greatest. I off road quite a bit , and my fender peeled off quite quick especially with tons of upgrading to keep it from bottoming out. For warranty work my front seat is waiting to be replaced as it stretched out and the clips came off, my cam phasers were repaired , alarm system had to be repaired and my truck is ticking and they can’t figure out what it is. Lastly my moonroof is now squeaking over every bump.

Truck only has 17500 miles or 28300 km for us Canadian to be exact.

Here’s my predicament, I have two great deals however I’m looking at two different vehicles. Being not so familiar with Rams , I wanted to ask you guys some questions.

I’m not crazy familiar with ram, I like off-roading, I like badass V8 sounding trucks but the power wagon seems rather large and abnoxious. However it’s different , and I very much like different.

1) I don’t want something that makes me look like I have a small pp nor anything as bad or worse than the raptor on gas.

2) secondly resale is very important to me, I’m looking to trade in after 24-36 months for a used ram trx when I’m financially better off and payments/gas don’t affect me as much.

3) I like speed and decent ride comfort, I put special off road springs on the raptor so it had body roll and a stiffer than stock ride especially with the 35” toyo’s , so I don’t mind stiff, but not diesel stiff. If that thing drives like a ram 2500 Cummins ( power wagon ) I definitely don’t want it. I’m buying out of province so unfortunately I can’t test drive one.

4) how much worse can the power wagon be with a decently heavy foot?

5) what would you guys choose and why, with the 0% on the rebel I save 2400-3000$ Over 24 months compared to the PW. When I go to trade in 24-36 months down the road I have to factor that into account as I don’t like negative equity. The PW’s look like they depreciate pretty wildly.

Here are my two options in Canadian dollars,

Ram rebel

MSRP
77000$

OTD with taxes 12% and trade in etc I’m at 78500$ about 800$ a month.

Power wagon
MSRP 76800$

OTD at 80k 2.99%
929$ ish a month.

Thanks for your time everyone, opinions are kindly considered.

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
118 Posts
Hey everybody! Harvey from Canada here!

I’m a hardcore ford guy, not gonna lie there. I’ve had my 2019 Ford raptor for a little while now and it hasn’t exactly been the best thing in the world. Ford is great, the service centre’s been great but my raptor hasn’t been the greatest. I off road quite a bit , and my fender peeled off quite quick especially with tons of upgrading to keep it from bottoming out. For warranty work my front seat is waiting to be replaced as it stretched out and the clips came off, my cam phasers were repaired , alarm system had to be repaired and my truck is ticking and they can’t figure out what it is. Lastly my moonroof is now squeaking over every bump.

Truck only has 17500 miles or 28300 km for us Canadian to be exact.

Here’s my predicament, I have two great deals however I’m looking at two different vehicles. Being not so familiar with Rams , I wanted to ask you guys some questions.

I’m not crazy familiar with ram, I like off-roading, I like badass V8 sounding trucks but the power wagon seems rather large and abnoxious. However it’s different , and I very much like different.

1) I don’t want something that makes me look like I have a small pp nor anything as bad or worse than the raptor on gas.

2) secondly resale is very important to me, I’m looking to trade in after 24-36 months for a used ram trx when I’m financially better off and payments/gas don’t affect me as much.

3) I like speed and decent ride comfort, I put special off road springs on the raptor so it had body roll and a stiffer than stock ride especially with the 35” toyo’s , so I don’t mind stiff, but not diesel stiff. If that thing drives like a ram 2500 Cummins ( power wagon ) I definitely don’t want it. I’m buying out of province so unfortunately I can’t test drive one.

4) how much worse can the power wagon be with a decently heavy foot?

5) what would you guys choose and why, with the 0% on the rebel I save 2400-3000$ Over 24 months compared to the PW. When I go to trade in 24-36 months down the road I have to factor that into account as I don’t like negative equity. The PW’s look like they depreciate pretty wildly.

Here are my two options in Canadian dollars,

Ram rebel

MSRP
77000$

OTD with taxes 12% and trade in etc I’m at 78500$ about 800$ a month.

Power wagon
MSRP 76800$

OTD at 80k 2.99%
929$ ish a month.

Thanks for your time everyone, opinions are kindly considered.
If you feel like you can't wait until you off set any negative equity in the Ford...my vote is on the Rebel. Reasons why: gas mileage, size for everyday tasks and off roading, price too. Wouldn't be a bad idea to check both of them out though, but power wagon is one of those trucks you buy if you do a lot of towing/hauling as well as off roading that doesn't require any strategic turns. Even my 1500 Bighorn was a little bit of a challenge to maneuver in the mountains of AZ last month. I couldn't imagine doing what I did in a power wagon.

·
Super Moderator
34,742 Posts
Rebel is not comparable to a Raptor, the only Ram with a comparable suspension package is the Rebel TRX.

That said, the Power Wagon is the most capable off road truck available off the lot. The Raptor and Rebel have it beat at fast stuff like chicanes and nothing else

·
Registered
19 RAM 1500 5.7 Etorque. Falcon Wildpeak AT3W/ JMS PedalMax/weatherTech TechLiner/Gator Quad fold
118 Posts
I'd still go for a Rebel over a Power wagon...unless you're towing while off roading lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts