DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about trading my 2012 Ram 1500 Quad cab Hemi 4x4 Lone Star with @3500 miles and level kit and exhaust and 20''metal moto rims on 295/60/20 Nitto Trail Grapplers mod for a 2013 2wd crew cab hemi
I wonder how hard Dodge is going to try to stick me lol

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Demand they give you whatever you want. If they say no, get up and walk towards the door. Trust me I am in the business.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok well then help me out and tell me what my truck is worth lol
sticker was 48k

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
ok. give me a min. sticker doesnt matter. how much did you finance is the main question. also if you will be rolling a lot of negative equity you will need a decent down payment. i would say ask for 33-35.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
let me see how much i owe lol
i only had 2 payments so far but paid them early lol

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Just don't go in to the dealership lol'ing every sentence....

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
make em give you 35-36. and if you have good credit you can pretty much ask for whatever you want
How does credit rating directly effect trade-in value?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
How does credit rating directly effect trade-in value?
It doesnt, but it does affect their willingness to work with you. If you have less than perfect credit they think they are doing you a favor by getting you approved. If you have good or great credit they know you can go anywhere and buy, making them more prone to meet your demands.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The blue book on that truck is $28K

I think the both of you are nuts thinking you're gonna get anything much higher than that for that truck. Maybe you'll find a place that will at least pay it off for you but I highly doubt that. The thing is your truck isn't even worth what you owe on it.

Good luck

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
make em give you 35-36. and if you have good credit you can pretty much ask for whatever you want
I think that's a very, very unrealistic range.

Wishful thinking....

Good luck to the OP anyway.

·
Registered
418 Posts
The blue book on that truck is $28K

I think the both of you are nuts thinking you're gonna get anything much higher than that for that truck. Maybe you'll find a place that will at least pay it off for you but I highly doubt that. The thing is your truck isn't even worth what you owe on it.

Good luck
Yeah...you're not going to come close to the 35-36 that you want, and probably not close to the 33k that is still left either.

For the OP, why would you want to get rid of the 4x4 for the 2wd? I mean...I can understand the gas savings, but is it really going to be that much of a difference even if you get the air suspension and 8 speed? You probably wouldn't even recover the hit you take on the truck in gas savings over the life of the new 2013. Plus you never know when you'll need 4x4. Just the other day my wife was doing a 3 point turn on a 2 lane road and backed it up into the ditch on the side of the road. Had to use the 4x4 to get out (it poured rain earlier that morning). Just saying

If this is really all about fuel savings and going to a bigger cab then why not wait, pay it down a bit, and then trade for a 2014 1500 diesel?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the KBB is 33k for sale
if i wanted better gas mileage i wouldnt have got hemi lol
im sure ill need the 4wd when i go to mudfest to ride my grizzly
esp when it rains, i had to get pulled out last time lol
maybe look for a deep cherry red truck and see about getting the grille, and bumpers ,
i really dislike all the chrome lol
and no im not plasti dipping it lol
i can always just lower the truck and make it look like a 2wd lmao

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I think that's a very, very unrealistic range.

Wishful thinking....

Good luck to the OP anyway.
Trust me. Unrealisitic trade in values are paid all the time. You just have to make them give it to you. People have no idea the power that they have inside of a car dealership, and just remember people, KBB doesnt sell cars and no one appraises their trade ins with KBB. I looked up the NADA value and it was like 34k so 35-36k is not a crazy number to ask for. You always give them a number you know they won't come to. Or a number you just have to have to make the deal. So you can get what you actually want. Ask Jeremiah, I got him an extra 6 grand for his trade when he traded his truck in. They offered 23 and I told him to demand 29 and thats what he got. As long as you have credit to buy somewhere else they will give in. Not like I would know, its not like i sell cars or anything....

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Trust me. Unrealisitic trade in values are paid all the time. You just have to make them give it to you. People have no idea the power that they have inside of a car dealership, and just remember people, KBB doesnt sell cars and no one appraises their trade ins with KBB. I looked up the NADA value and it was like 34k so 35-36k is not a crazy number to ask for. You always give them a number you know they won't come to. Or a number you just have to have to make the deal. So you can get what you actually want. Ask Jeremiah, I got him an extra 6 grand for his trade when he traded his truck in. They offered 23 and I told him to demand 29 and thats what he got. As long as you have credit to buy somewhere else they will give in. Not like I would know, its not like i sell cars or anything....
I can respect that.

Cheers.

Reactions: bighemi04

·
Registered
418 Posts
the KBB is 33k for sale
if i wanted better gas mileage i wouldnt have got hemi lol
im sure ill need the 4wd when i go to mudfest to ride my grizzly
esp when it rains, i had to get pulled out last time lol
maybe look for a deep cherry red truck and see about getting the grille, and bumpers ,
i really dislike all the chrome lol
and no im not plasti dipping it lol
i can always just lower the truck and make it look like a 2wd lmao
Then why are you thinking of trading in your 2012 lol?
You've only made 2 payments on it lol
Why even mention the 2wd if, as you said, you'll need the 4x4 at some point lol
You just contradicted yourself with this post lol

daviddup78, you make no sense to me at all lol

I'm done with this thread lmao

:LOL:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts