DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After anxiously awaiting to see what was up the 2013's, I ordered a 2012....2 reasons, I don't like the 'knob' shifter, and I am pretty sure you won't see any rebates to speak of for awhile. I bought my 2011 last July when deals were hot and trucks were hard to find, and my wasn't the exact build I wanted....so I should have my 2012 in a few weeks JUST the way I want it! BTW, I have not had one single problem with the 2011!

·
Registered
153 Posts
After anxiously awaiting to see what was up the 2013's, I ordered a 2012....2 reasons, I don't like the 'knob' shifter, and I am pretty sure you won't see any rebates to speak of for awhile. I bought my 2011 last July when deals were hot and trucks were hard to find, and my wasn't the exact build I wanted....so I should have my 2012 in a few weeks JUST the way I want it! BTW, I have not had one single problem with the 2011!
I just want to make sure I'm reading this right. You have a 2011 and know the 2013 is right around the corner, and its way cooler than the 2012, so and you ordered a 12?? If you have an 11 and are going to buy a 12 are rebates really important to you?? This makes no sense to me!! 2013 has and adjustable suspension, more power, better fuel milage and an improved interior, just to mention a few??

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I live in Wisconsin....the LAST thing I want is adjustable air suspension! I have seen way too many other vehicles with issues on that. I wouldn't say its way cooler, I prefer the meaty console shifter as opposed to a dial on the dash. The improved economy comes only with the 8 speed, which is late availability. And, YEAH, rebates ARE important, it isnt going to cost me much to boot, and a helluva lot less than it would cost me to get into a 13. I said before, I couldn't get the exact truck I wanted last year, and have always set my sights on getting the perfect (for me) setup....I told the dealer when he was ready to trade me for X amount of money to order me a truck. He thinks he can move mine and agreed to the deal, so I am taking delivery of my new truck in a few weeks.....any other questions that dont make sense to you?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I Love my '12 RAM, and I think your making a Good choice. Great Incentives, and the last year before A LOT of electrical junk gets thrown in. Yes the '13s are cool looking, but I don't want to be a Guinnea pig for the first few years. If (and a big IF) the air suspension, and 8 speed tranny's are trouble spots (which with the way Chrysler seems to be headed they probably won't be) ours 12's will be desirable and have GREAT resale value. At least you'll know you should have a reliable sound truck. Please post pics when it arrives...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just for kicks, since some of you think this is obviously costing me and arm and a leg, I will let you guess my 'to boot' price, including taxes and fees. I am basically getting the same truck (Sport 4x4 Quad, with sport premium,park sense, remote, hitch, p.roof) but adding 430N & sport performance hood, oh and 3.92

·
Banned
972 Posts
So you ordered a new truck when you could've just added that stuff for less than $4,500? $2,000 for the radio, $1,500 for hood, and $750 for a rearend from a wrecked truck. But I'm gonna say about $42,000 for the truck and about $34,000 for trade in

·
Registered
917 Posts
After many transmissions (torque converter) problems on my 11, the dealer offered me a 2012 in exchange. I agree with you on the knob shifter, I am not found of it either.
Very happy with my 2012 and I had good rebates on it 3 months ago.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I would guess 5-5500 difference. I get a new truck every one or two years as well depending on the deal I can make, warranty starts over, everything is fresh and new as well. If I can stay in a new 45K msrp truck every year or two for around 400 a month I do it.

I had no problems with my old '10 Laramie I traded in on this one, I bought it when they were giving them away late in '09 and got nearly 10K ff this '12 so I did well on it and I'm in a brand new truck with NAV, backup cam, anti-spin, slightly updated interior etc. Cost me 403.00 a month to drive the old one for 26 months, thats not too bad.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KJ nailed it, $5000 total.....I also am going from Deep Water to White, which is what I wanted....its almost order cut off time, and I would be faced with getting scraps again....thanks for everyone's input, but I made the decision and am more than comfortable with it.....maybe a 2014, but NOT a 13!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Wow , Ive never heard somone take so many shots for buying a new truck from anyone thats not the wife. Its your money bro , your work for it, spend it how you want. Congradulations on your new truck, I hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
123 Posts
I also traded my 2011 for a 2012. I went from a quad cab to a crew cab and my 2011 had 41,000 km and after taxes and everything i payed just over $4000. The incentives for 2012's are definately great right now.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I just want to make sure I'm reading this right. You have a 2011 and know the 2013 is right around the corner, and its way cooler than the 2012, so and you ordered a 12?? If you have an 11 and are going to buy a 12 are rebates really important to you?? This makes no sense to me!! 2013 has and adjustable suspension, more power, better fuel milage and an improved interior, just to mention a few??
Eeerrrrr.....whats "way cooler" about the '13 compared to a '12?

The added (and yet untested in the real world) overhead of flapper doors and stop/start golf cart technology?

The trucks are almost identical as far as any substantial aspects.....unless I am missing something...... :4-dontknow:

"better horsepower" by 5 HP

"better mileage" by a very slim margin

Ok, the air suspension is one area I would like to have.

But at the extra cost of testing all this new technology out for them and more cost to purchase right now??

·
Registered
839 Posts
Just for kicks, since some of you think this is obviously costing me and arm and a leg, I will let you guess my 'to boot' price, including taxes and fees. I am basically getting the same truck (Sport 4x4 Quad, with sport premium,park sense, remote, hitch, p.roof) but adding 430N & sport performance hood, oh and 3.92
You might do better to do a lease, than take that initial hit up front when you know you will be trading it in.....

$299 a month for my Big Horn on 3 year lease and couldnt be happier right now. Covered by warranty through that whole time, of course....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts