DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys been eyeing a 3500 cc big horn and a 2500 cc laramie.

the laramie is closest to the truck i would order if i did and i am leaning that way, but i just realized the truck doesn't have trailer tow mirrors. the truck has the sport package on it and the dealer didn't add the option.

my question, is it a easy swap to put trailer tow mirrors on it. i refuse to spend 50-60 k on a truck and not have the right equipment. i can get with the dealer until monday and i don't know what anyone experience is.

if it is a easy swap, do i go with oem mirror or aftermarket?

Is it really 1200 or more?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Adding OEM tow mirrors afterwards is very expensive and all the functions still may not work. Unless FCA has come up with a fix for it there was no way for them to program or flash the computer to make them function.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Jetboy is right I had a 2014 and put tow mirrors on it at 700 bucks and never could get the turn signals in the mirrors to work or the puddle lights. You will need to buy modular up grade and have it in stalled and then flash the computer also may need a different wiring harness also So if you can be happy without some of the tow mirror options you can do it, but I would just step into a truck that comes with the tow mirrors factory installed safe the money and have them working as they should.

Carol

·
Registered
383 Posts
I think it depends on what functions the factory installed mirrors had. I did this swap on my old 2010 Big Horn and all the features worked on the new towing mirrors.

·
Registered
2018 Ram 1500 Big Horn
102 Posts
When I was looking at 2018 Laramie 2500s, I had one with all the options but I didn't like the color. The dealer said he had one in the color I liked but it didn't have tow mirrors. They were going add them them but found out that everything would work except for the electric fold. I declined and they brought in the truck I wanted from one of their other dealerships.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts