DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New to forums and this site. I have a new 1500 RT with only 1300 miles on it and I'm just now noticing a small jerking when Im slowing to a stop right at 4-5 mph the tranny kind of jerks a bit just before coming to a full stop. Anyone experiencing this?

·
Premium Member
34,751 Posts
Keep driving. Once it learns your style this will go away.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hello all,
New to forums and this site. I have a new 1500 RT with only 1300 miles on it and I'm just now noticing a small jerking when Im slowing to a stop right at 4-5 mph the tranny kind of jerks a bit just before coming to a full stop. Anyone experiencing this?
I assume this is the 8-speed transmission...

If so there are lots of posts on these forums about a bump/clunk when coming to a stop. Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a fix on the horizon.

There is a learning period where your transmission will learn your driving habits, and the jerking will gradually get better, but a lot of people still report a bump when coming to a stop.

I have over 5000 miles on my truck and it's still happening. Drives me nuts.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Hello all,
Your complaint is nothing new. Most ram truck 8-speeds do this. You will find it will come and go. It does smooth out eventually, but it will always have this characteristic nature do to the programming within the software for the transmission.

Until chrysler comes out with better programming, you`ll have to live with it. There is NO fix at this time for it. Alot of it is driving habits... meening the harder you drive it, the harsher it will be.

Try keeping your foot OFF the brake pedal, you`ll notice its smoother while coming to a stop.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Mine does the same thing and I have 13k on mine... I just look at it as "gas savings" mode lol but the truck runs perfectly..

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Even if chrysler does eventually come out with a "fix", i`m not so sure i would want it... most of us already KNOW how "their track record" has been with their "fix-all`s" in the past, they`re kinda like those advertisements you see on TV today, to fix one problem, it will create all these side effects. I`m happy with mine, its good/smooth enough for me to live with. So what if its a little harsh on coasting down shifts at times, i know enough about the characteristic`s of it now and how to tame it when it gets wild.

It is what it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts