DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an 01 ram 1500 with the 5.9. Made it an hour into my trip running fine. I got off the highway, and when i went to get back on it wouldnt leave 2nd gear. Sometimes it wouldnt even leave first. Just keeps reving up and wont shift. I tried taping the tranny, letting it sit for a while, nothing will work. Thinking its the pressure solenoid? Any input? Thanks!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Sounds like the "limp-home" mode. This is a thing the trans does to protect itself from further damage. It locks itself into 2nd gear. To find it, you will need a good scan from a quality scanner. The Autozone crap wont do it. Could be as simple as a speed sensor. Could be the electronics in the trans. Don't freak and think trans-rebuild yet. But you will need a shop with a quality scan tool to access these faults.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got an 01 ram 1500 with the 5.9. Made it an hour into my trip running fine. I got off the highway, and when i went to get back on it wouldnt leave 2nd gear. Sometimes it wouldnt even leave first. Just keeps reving up and wont shift. I tried taping the tranny, letting it sit for a while, nothing will work. Thinking its the pressure solenoid? Any input? Thanks!
I see this is an old message did you ever find a fix for your problem i have the same problem with an 06

1 - 3 of 3 Posts