DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi, i have had nothing but issues with past 2 trucks.... my 2016 ram 2500 6.4 tranny would buck like ridin a bull dealership could not find anything ha. so i traded it for my 2017 ram 2500 6.4 ( a week later dealership called me asking if i had a tuner on my16 cause tranny had issues ha told ya) no tuner by the way! anyway my 2017 has been acting up changing gears hard, not going into passenger gear, staying in 4th etc. then this am i get codes 735 and 729, 5&6 gear incorrect ratio wtf
truck has 42000 on it

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
hi, i have had nothing but issues with past 2 trucks.... my 2016 ram 2500 6.4 tranny would buck like ridin a bull dealership could not find anything ha. so i traded it for my 2017 ram 2500 6.4 ( a week later dealership called me asking if i had a tuner on my16 cause tranny had issues ha told ya) no tuner by the way! anyway my 2017 has been acting up changing gears hard, not going into passenger gear, staying in 4th etc. then this am i get codes 735 and 729, 5&6 gear incorrect ratio wtf
Thank you for taking the time to reach out on this, @robsy2kdad. If you have not yet had a chance to address your current transmission troubles with your dealer, I kindly recommend doing so as they are in the best position to provide support. If you do work with them, we would like to escalate your situation to a Case Manager which will provide the dealership and yourself with an individual who will review your concern, then assist you and the dealership in exhausting all available resources to have the concern addressed and resolved.

Mark
RamCares

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So quick update, took truck in for appointment on the 7th, they performed two of the three recalls, said the Airbag recall (10 Min update) could not happen due to issues with the software and internet (BS). Also stated they could not get to my tranny issue since they only had ONE mechanic on and he was busy already. So on the way into work today yup did it again. We need to get the recall updated to include the 2018's as well. Anyways waiting to find out when I can get it in for the tranny and airbag recall.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Okay new update, called and finnaly got someone to call back or even answer phone and now have appointment for "DIAG ONLY" on get this 2 July. Meantime this past weekend my truck threw the CEL 5 times and tranny went into limp mode each time and the code was P0871. This sucks but hey talked to my Cares case manager and will drive it until it breaks then call the dealer and have them tow it at their dime. No camper for me for 4th of July weekend, just great. How about we get the 2018's under the same recall?????

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well new update, Got a call from the dealer on the 1st of July before my appointment that the only trans mechanic tested positive for COVID and my new appointment was the 14th now. Will keep you updated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Update, got the truck in and they changed the solenoid pack all under warranty. Now what is everyone’s trans temps with no load under normal driving. Mine has been 168-181.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well, just an update for those following. This weekend the truck did the same thing again. And over the weekend when downshifting going up a hill the trans squeals going down to 4th then licks up and goes into limp mode. Did it this morning on the way into work. Setting up an appointment to see what can be done now. Wish me luck.

Gary

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well today was a good one. The P0871 code is back and CEL. Going to see what the dealer will do.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts