DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally have my '94 Ram running. It took a fuel pump, negative battery cable, a Crankshaft position sensor, an ECU, a lot of patience and cursing, and 2 freakin months of trial and error. However a few minor occured when I was driving at 40 and under she ran great, but at 45 and up she ran at about 2,000-2,500 rpms and would not shift. I came back to the house and pulled codes. came up with 12 (Battery Disconnect), 45 (Trans OD Solenoid Circuit), 37(Torque converter clutch solenoid CKT or Trans temp sensor too high or low), 41 (Generator field not switching properly) (fixed with fuel pump haven't reset ecu.), 17 (Engine is cold too long) (truck hasn't run in two months and I live in WI), and 55 (Code Completion).

I think 37 and 45 has to do with my problem. I believe I may have bumped or jarred something while putting in my CPS or it was brought to my attention that it could be the boneyard PCM out of a 95 ram 4wd, auto trans, v-8. I have the same in my 94. Any input? I'm hoping to find a location and a pic for my Transmission overdrive solenoid.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
My first guess is that you have a wiring issue. You really need to run diagnostics for those two codes and see what the problem is before you go throwing random parts at the tranny. Same thing for the 41. Replacing the thermostat should fix your code 17 problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am trying to do that I swapped back to the old ecu and it did not pull any obd codes however I still don't have overdrive. Does anyone have a list of components that are linked with the overdrive system?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts