DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Dodge Ram 3500 Auto Tran 5.9 Litre 4WD Laramie Crew Cab truck that the transfer case "blew up", and we are needing to replace the transfer case as well as what I believe is called the "tail housing", my problem is that we're missing the piece that has the part number for the transfer case, and I've done some research and have found that there are 2 model numbers, 271 and 273. My question is what is the easiest way to either track the part number down, or is there a difference between the 271 and 273? I'm at about wits end trying to get this pinned down and to know exactly what I need to get to fix my truck!

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
I have an 04 Dodge Ram 3500 Auto Tran 5.9 Litre 4WD Laramie Crew Cab truck that the transfer case "blew up", and we are needing to replace the transfer case as well as what I believe is called the "tail housing", my problem is that we're missing the piece that has the part number for the transfer case, and I've done some research and have found that there are 2 model numbers, 271 and 273. My question is what is the easiest way to either track the part number down, or is there a difference between the 271 and 273? I'm at about wits end trying to get this pinned down and to know exactly what I need to get to fix my truck!
Look on or get a build sheet, that should have which transfer case you shipped with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts