DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the rear half of my transfer case (np231) cracked and i finally found one to replace it. i got it apart cleaned up and trying to get it back together now......That's where i am running into a problem....for some reason with it all together it is not enough of the output shaft to get the snap ring back on. The housing that bolts to the rear case half with the bearing in it that the snap ring holds...

Please if anybody knows how to help me out with this it would be very very helpful.....

I need to get it back together soon.....waiting on a brand new outdoorsman to show up at dealership and hopefully buy it....trading this one in. Tired of fixing it alll the time.

Thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Bear with me here, I have tinkered with more than a few of these T cases, but,have not run into this problem. This diagram is very helpful, maybe you could point out which part of the housing you are having the trouble with :smiley_thumbs_up:

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply but i finally got it figured out. Now my problem is that the snap ring stretched a bit when i took it off i guess. So now I am on the hunt for a new one of those....

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts