DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 ram 2500 w/90000 miles. On the way to work today I left the house in 2wd about a mile away from my house I engaged 4wd for about a 100ft or so. I disengaged 4wd and kept driving.About a half a mile later I slowed down for a traffic light.When I proceeded to drive the truck went about 5 feet and stopped.When i would give it gas it wouldnt move it acted like the e-brake was on.I shifted all through the transfer case and still nothing.I put the truck in reverse and it will back up like theres no problems at all.When I put it in drive it gears down and nudges forward like it always does when i put it in drive then I give a little gas and it goes about five feet and stops.I ended up driving it in reverse about 1.5 miles home and parked it! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Thee symptoms are that of a stuck park brake.....but I have no idea how the t-case could even do this. If the problem was there is both forward and reverse, then yes.....but this does not make any sense. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry it took so long to get back. Im a knuckle head, I got the truck jacked up and found that the bolt on the bottom of the bracket for the caliper had fallen out. Evidentally I didnt have it tight enough from a few weeks before when I replaced the universal. $1 fix, lesson learned!

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
That is what they call 'Experience'. :D

Glad you got it sorted out so economically. :smileup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts