DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2013 RAM 2500 Longhorn with the 6.7 last October. Within a few days of the purchase, I noticed that some anomalies with the transmission. The best way I know to describe it is that on occasion, when I let off of the accelerator, it feels like years ago when your torque converter hits hard or a lose u-joint hitting.

I notified the dealership of this and during one of the 5 or 6 times I left it with them for MIL issues, they said they tested/checked the transmission and seen no problems, but rather attributed these anomalies to the new electronic transmission technology.

Thoughts, ideas?

Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Did they actually drive the truck to feel it themselves? Or by "checked the transmission" did they mean check it for codes?

Another possibility could be if it is a learning transmission and its getting used to your style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They actually drove it & scanned for code problems. Said it was intrinsic of the new electronic transmission & something about making hundreds of adjustments per second.

Still having intermittent MIL light displays too. Taking it to them the end of this month for further testing.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
If the MIL is on, then there should be fault code set somewhere. "Clear and go" may be OK once (assuming they checked it and found no issues), but if the code keeps coming back, then they should dig deeper to figure out where the problem is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been having the same problem for a year now as well as getting the same BS from the dealer. Until a week ago, a Chrysler Field Engineer (if there really is such a thing) drove the truck and told my Service Manager that he observed the problem and put in for a firmware change. Now it goes to Cummins to be added to their update but I won't see that until Sept. FAR worse when pulling 13,000 lbs!!

I have been through the Customer Care, the learning modes, and other things to pacify!! At one point I finally asked the transmission guy at my dealership to drive the thing home and see what it does. Next thing you know I am getting a new valve body. No change so then a new torque converter. No change, well now it is normal for the truck - WTH !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts