DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my transmission pan and filter service over the weekend after reading lots of threads on here. I was lead to believe it would take about 6 qrts to complete. I dropped the pan and used a very large flat container to catch 95% of all the trans fluid that came out to be more accurate of how much to put back in. I COMPLETELY filled 7 qrt bottles with old trans fluid a 8th was half full plus what was lost on the ground and various other places.

I have a 2008 SXT with 4.7 and 4x4 I have put 8 qrts back in and did a good 20-30 minute drive cycle and seem to be exactly at the top dot of my high level for hot. Am I good? What happened to only needing 6-6.2qrts for a service fill?

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
I did my transmission pan and filter service over the weekend after reading lots of threads on here. I was lead to believe it would take about 6 qrts to complete. I dropped the pan and used a very large flat container to catch 95% of all the trans fluid that came out to be more accurate of how much to put back in. I COMPLETELY filled 7 qrt bottles with old trans fluid a 8th was half full plus what was lost on the ground and various other places.

I have a 2008 SXT with 4.7 and 4x4 I have put 8 qrts back in and did a good 20-30 minute drive cycle and seem to be exactly at the top dot of my high level for hot. Am I good? What happened to only needing 6-6.2qrts for a service fill?
If you have a 4x4 you need to check it with the transmission in neutral.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
8 out and 8 back in, why would you worry? The level is correct after driving, sounds like you covered all the bases to me. I would not take any internet posting as gospel. Now drive and enjoy!

·
Registered
15,601 Posts
you replaced what came out and measures correctly. do your normal driving and check again in a few days. sounds like your good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts