DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Been searching and did not find an answer. My bone stock 2014 Ram 3500 6.7 with 200,000 miles started having some tranny or rear end issues. This happens randomly but seems to happen more after being driven for awhile and warmed up. My wife was driving it the other day and came to a stop and it felt as if she was rear ended, needless to say scared her to death. So I test drove it and sure enough BANG just a split second after stopping. Felt to me like there was still stored energy built up like a torque converter or something and then a huge hit like a small car hitting me from behind at 20 MPH. Took it to the dealer and OF COURSE " Its needs a new tranny cause low line pressure bla bla bla" They want 5 grand, F$%#( thief's. I think it a its something simple like a solniod or computer issue.

Any ideas?
Thank you

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Yes it does sound like a tranny issue. I would take it to a independent transmission shop and not the dealer. I had a transmission from a Jeep completely rebuilt with all new parts inside and new torque converter for about $1800. Or you could get one from a junk yard and change it yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts