DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weirdest thing and I haven't seen anyone else mention it. My Check Engine light comes on all the time with every tank of gas. With the Check Engine light on, the Traction Control Off light comes on AND THE ELECTRIC CONTROL TRANSMISSION DROPS A GEAR OR TWO AND WON'T SHIFT ANYMORE. Have to stop the car and restart. Very serious safety issue. Causes me to slow down in traffic with no warning. Anyone hear about anything like this? I can not detect an action or process that triggers this. Seems totally random.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow that is crazy.... You have a 14 is there still warranty left on it? May want to record that bad bot doing it and take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You're setting some kind of trans fault that is throwing you into limp-in mode. Go to a parts store and have them read the fault codes for you. Then post the code(s) you're getting and I can give you some more detailed advice.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
You need to have codes read by a dealership, especially if you have a mopar warranty.
I stand corrected. I hadn't noticed that you have the 8-speed trans, which uses a separate TCM. 6-speeds use a PCM (which a parts store can read), but with the 8-speed most parts store scanners won't read the TCM. So you do need to have a dealer read it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.