DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a little issue with my truck i noticed that today, under light acceleration my truck kinda of jerks or thumps into second gear from first gear, and thats the only gear change that this happens with and it only happens when driving normally, not if your really getting on it, its a 2011 1500.....any ideas?

also i drove my friends 2012 tonight and it dosent do it, so i know mines not right

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I would try my best to help you however I'm not familiar with the transmission in your year truck as I work with the older transmissions and trucks. I can recommend you try and hunt down an member by the ID of TransEngineer. He would certainly be able to help you.
Good luck

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
you should also take it to dealer since you're still under warranty and have them check it... they can scan and make sure the line pressure is correct with each shift, ask them to reset tcm and have them do a quick learn on it...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did you recalibrate for your lift? Mine is also having some issues more noticeable going from reverse to drive. Doesnt do it all the time and more so when it is cold. the dealership said there is a software update and they are going to load it on the 27th. Might be your issue as well

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Sounds like your 2C clutch volume index (CVI) may have learned out of whack somehow. Try simply driving it (at the throttle that gives you the clunky shift) and making maybe 15-20 1-2 upshifts in a row. Make sure the trans is reasonably warm (sump temp >80°F) when you do this. Stop in between each shift, then accelerate gently until the 1-2 upshift completes. This should re-learn the 2C CVI and smooth things out for you.

If that doesn't work, take it to the dealer and ask them to "quick-learn" the transmission. They do this with a scan tool - takes about 10 seconds after they have the scan tool hooked up and running. This will reset ALL of your trans adaptives back to "factory" settings, and re-learn ALL of the CVIs at once.

If a quick-learn doesn't help either, then I'd suspect you have a problem with the 2C clutch (cut or torn piston seal, most likely). Dealer can drop the valve body and air check the 2C clutch to see if the seals are leaking. Also, if the dealer checks your 2C CVI (before quick-learning it!) and finds a high value, this could also indicate a bad 2C piston seal.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i ended up taking it to the dealer, they said there was a software update, got it back and its fixed.....AWESOME lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts